~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Monday, January 4, 2021

What Tools are you using?

 Dear Friends,

Many of us make the (RE)commitment to get healthy in the New Year. Most of us fail by the first week and then we return to our habits that caused us to be overweight, out of shape, and sickly as if they were calling us like a (not so) long lost friend. Going through old paperwork I found my body measurements from a few years ago when I attempted to ‘lose weight’… somehow those are measurements that are now a weight I would LOVE to call my own! The last year and my own lack of discipline has left me farther back than my starting point…again!
This time however, I have a few more tools to aid my journey. I have my trusty THM guidebook, new and updated. I have my planner to keep track of my goals set and then goals MET! I have my shot of motivation in the form of a sixty-day devotional that gives an extra umph of decisiveness each morning. I have my realistic workout plans, not that crazy exercise that last hours every day and let it take over my life…for ten whole minutes. I have a photo food log app and an accountability partner who holds just the right firmness but balances it with understanding. I have a weekly Podcast and an audio book to spread motivation and encouragement to my project. I have a new necklace that I put on each day to symbolize my daily commitment. Some of these tools I have had a while, yet a few are newly purchased for this project.
The biggest tool in my toolbox is the one called HABIT! If I pull out that tool and use it, the rest of my tools will be the perfect companion. Without habit, I am simply throwing multiple tools at the project but not using them consistently to make a difference. Can you imagine me trying to hang a picture frame? I get out my nail and hammer, I start to swing the hammer at the nail. Once, twice…wait… now I will use a screwdriver! Or maybe a pair of pliers will do the trick? Should I remeasure the wall? Maybe I should paint the wall first…. So many choice tools, but if I had just consistently swung the hammer at the nail my job would have been completed.
So, you might wonder what habits have I instilled longer than a few days? Because lets face it, everybody has PLANS to do better, right?
• Using the photo app ATE to take a picture of ALL the food I put in my mouth. This app is connected to the phones of my daughter in law, my accountability partner (bestie), and a few other dear friends. I have learned I cannot sneak another dessert and still follow through without someone seeing it. If I disappear a few days, they ALL know I am circling the drain and need a hand to get back on track.
• Drinking between 88 and 110 oz of H2O a day. I use Stevia drink mixes from Trim Healthy Mama called “Hydrates” and a ‘True Lime” packet to make it Cherry Lime flavor. YUM!!
• Using Stevia for all my sweetening. I have not cooked with sugar in years unless you count those circling the drain moments. Again, I use the Trim Healthy Mama versions or Pyure from the store. If you do not know about Stevia it is an all-natural herb, not artificial sweetener. It can be bitter if you use too much or get an off brand, but these two are great tasting and easy to use!
• I have switched up my cooking oil for Coconut oil.
• I gave up salad dressing. I now drizzle my salads with olive oil, then salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. This really intimidated me to start with and I was sure I would HATE it, but I actually LOVE it. So yummy, easy, and healthy!
• Cooking THM style of eating proteins but separating my meals into Fats (S) or Carbs(E). When separating the types of meals I make, I can still have most everything, but it allows my body to burn up the fuel I choose to consume at that meal.
• Eating on a smaller ‘salad plate’. I bought two in the Christmas section that say ‘Blessed” and “Grateful”. Good reminders of what I should feel daily. My soup bowl says “Thankfulness” to add in another heart check.
Sometimes I forget that it has taken me 17 years to get into this mess and I want it fixed…yesterday! My action steps are slow and steady. I might even buy myself a turtle charm as a reminder. I do not need to make huge changes. I need to make CONSISTANT HABITS that lead to small changes that lead to big successes. Putting this out there is pretty humbling. I often think I ‘hide’ my issues well, yet reality is just one look and you can visibly see what changes I need to make.
I will share pictures of the tools in my toolbox, but if you want the name of my accountability partner/coach (and great friend) please PM me. If you want to join me, please speak up. Any journey is better with a group of friends to encourage each other. So far it is me and Jesus, but he would love for you to join in… How do I know? Because HE delights in fellowship with us. Who better to eat with, talk to, talk about, and study then our Lord?
Psalm 37:23
23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.
What steps are you taking in 2021?
Blessings sweet friends…
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚☆Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment