~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Only one butterfly...

 Dear Friends,

This page has given me so many BLESSINGS, the greatest one has been new friends. I have met people whose lives would have never crossed with mine in so many places. I have made local friends and friends overseas. I have met some of you in person, while others are only on the internet. The Lord has greatly expanded my circle and I am so grateful. Do I like the circumstances behind it… NO, of course not! However, the love and support you continually shower our family with is always appreciated!
This week alone I have been blessed to be out in a public place, not once but twice and have someone approach me to say hello. One stopped me in a town 30 miles south east of my home, while another was an hour north west of us. The people who stop me are always so kind and complementary, usually apologizing for bothering me. Please let me say this, “You are NEVER a bother. I count each encounter as someone reaching out in love. I enjoy expanding my circle of friends!”.
Seriously if you see me somewhere, please stop me to say hello. If I seem a bit scattered, just have grace on my poor tired grief brain. Social situations bring on some anxiety right now that I had never encountered before Millie passed away. I think it maybe because so much chaos is surrounding me in public… noise, crowds, and decisions to be made. Today I played soft music in one ear as I shopped. I also hugged the neck of two sweet friends who helped me get a grip as I passed them shopping. Finally, I received such sweet encouragement from a reader who recognized me. I was able to calm the knots in my stomach, finish my shopping and hurry home to prepare for guests.
Tonight, we were excited to have a have precious family of four over for dinner. It has been months since we had seen them, and it was such a recharge to just have downtime with friends. I served a recipe a friend introduced me to years ago, delicious Chicken Enchiladas with green chili sauce. I tried my hand at making a caricature food board, while my teens snickered at me saying I was trying to be trendy. I thought it came out pretty good. I have found a new love this year of Kalamata Olives. I used those, cheese, a small bowl of nuts, pickled okra, a small bowl of mini sausages all on a ‘bark edge charger’, basically a slab of sealed wood with the tree bark still on it. I also found some mini bowls that were Pioneer Woman pretty, one that had a tiny butterfly in the teal-colored glass… I had to have it as my Millie reminder. Miss Abby was my right-hand woman in the kitchen, volunteering to help me prepare the food and clean up.
Right before our guests arrived, David hung a beautiful piece of original art in our living room. This piece was auctioned off to benefit the K Club back in the fall. The winner then gifted us the piece. The artist, Tim Kenney was so gracious to add a white butterfly to the painting in special honor of Mille. He said he had painted exactly ONE butterfly in his career, and it was for her. What a kind gesture to add it to the beautiful aspens he paints. His wife Debbie has long followed Millie’s page. Spending time at their home was like visiting with old friends. They welcomed us with snacks and played ping pong with Little Man and SJ.
Tomorrow is another day of worship. Maggie will be playing the piano for our church worship service again this week. I am always blessed to hear her using her talents to serve others. It takes a lot of practice and courage to play before a church at age 15, but even more courage to know potentially thousands hear it from our church livestream and Millie’s page.
Psalm 95:2
Let us enter His presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to Him in song.
Psalms 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
As you enter into this coming day….
Worship, praise, pray…
Relax, rest, breathe…
Take some time to focus on the things of importance and lay aside the demands of this life.
Blessings sweet friends…
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚゚★ ★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚☆ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆ ★。・:
*:︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵。・:*
#ChildhoodCancer



No comments:

Post a Comment