~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Saturday, January 23, 2021

A Valued Life

 Dear Friends,

My mind has been in a fast zig zag all day. I thought of so many things to share, most are random and don’t really connect or do they? They all lead back to the heart of a mother and her quest to lead her children to Jesus. If you are up for the journey, hang on and I will fill you in.
Twenty-seven years ago today, I walked into the hospital as a 19 year old woman. I had a husband and daughter and was full term carrying our son. When I arrived that Sunday morning to be induced it stood out to me that this was Sanctity of Life Sunday. In so many parts of the country people were lining the sides of the streets to make their voices heard that they valued LIFE…all LIFE. Joshua was born just a few short hours after the induction started. He arrived so fast the doctor was caught off guard and barely had time to get his gown thrown over his blue jeans. When our baby boy was handed to me, my mind went to how precious his life was. As he took his first breaths, he became a part of our family…
But did his life start as he took his first breath?
Or had it started weeks before when I felt his first kick?
Did it start when he was conceived, long before we were aware he was on the way? When does life start? I know we all have opinions, and they can vary greatly, but I am choosing to base my beliefs on scripture.
In Jeremiah 1:5 God tells Jeremiah “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”
Galatians 1:15
But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by His grace, was pleased
Psalm 139:15
My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in secret, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Psalm 139:16
Your eyes saw my unformed body; all my days were written in Your book and ordained for me before one of them came to be.
In each of these scriptures it is VERY clear that God is acknowledging babies in the womb. God KNEW them, saw them, set them apart AND appointed all their days. They were not a surprise to him even though their mothers may have been surprised at their existence.
I read on Whitehouse.gov where in this first week of The Biden-Harris Administration they announced that they are “committed to codifying Roe v. Wade and appointing judges that respect foundational precedents like Roe.” They do not explain what codifying means, but the precedent they refer to makes us very aware they are referring to abortion; the plague of our nation. They use terms like woman’s health care and reproductive services, but neither those refer to the ‘female infants’ in the womb. Now I realize that many of you will not agree with my opinion on this. That is your choice…we all get a choice according to Roe right? This is where I get to share mine.
Abortion is wrong. Everyone has ‘reasons’ they think it should be acceptable. Some say health of the mother. Others say rape or incest should be given consideration. Other people think mere convenience for themselves makes it justifiable. Scripture speaks to that too. I found four different reference in Numbers, Judges, and Deuteronomy where it talks of man doing whatever was right in their own eyes rather than following God.
Deut. 12:8 “You are not to do as we are doing here today; everyone is doing whatever seems right in his own sight.”
Plain and simple God tells us he knew us before we were in the womb. He tells us of life in the womb. He tells us not to do right in our own eyes. He tells us to fear him.
Proverbs 3:7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.
As far as what some argue, I can have compassion on each of those stances. The mother being healthy is important, as is her life. A person raped has already suffered trauma. Even someone’s life being disrupted could be chaotic or stressful, but does any of that justify ending LIFE? According to GOD?? Or just man? Whether you chose to agree or not, I can still be your friend. Whether you have had an abortion or multiple abortions, I can still love you. God gives grace to each of us. All of our wrongs are in equal standing under one heading – SIN- There is not one sin worse than the other. There is not one unforgivable to those that ask the Lord Jesus.
Romans 10:9-10 “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
That is the first thing that comes to my mind every year as I reflect on the day our son was born. Next, my mind goes to what a Godly man he has grown into. He is a hard worker who sets goals and is not afraid to achieve them. He is responsible and very steady in his ways. He is a man of character and principle that I am blessed to call my son. However, he is also a man that hates any white sauces like gravy, salad dressing, or alfredo sauce. He does not even like birthday cake, so each year our various birthday desserts range from cookies to doughnuts to brownies to ice cream. It is always fun to try to surprise him, though after 27 years he has joined the ranks of adult who does not usually get a party.
Happy Birthday Joshua! I love you!!
Today I was blessed to take my momma and oldest grand daughter to dinner along with my Maggie. We had an enjoyable time catching up as we had not gotten to visit since Christmas. With family so important to us, we often struggle to balance getting enough time in to visit. Maggie and I got some good visiting time in on our drive to town and back. We have needed that time invested together. She drove and did a great job as a new permit holder.
Katherine is in Houston this weekend second shooting wedding photography. She has really grown her business this year! I am so proud of how hard she works to shoot photos that people love. Each sitting gets better and increases her skills. She is currently booking Seniors and having a great time capturing their individual styles. At the same time, I am planning her high school graduation knowing that this is just the beginning of her accomplishments and the end of her being our little girl.
Last night we were able to visit the littlest grandbabies at their house. I got to play kitchen for a few minutes with little miss. I coaxed a sweet smile from their little guy. This Meme loves the opportunity to hug all their necks whenever I can. I also got to visit with their mommy and daddy. Again, with bursting hearts as they do such a good job as parents to these two little ones.
It is almost Sunday again as I type this. Miss Abby is singing in our church service again. I never cease to be amazed at how she has grown in confidence this year. I am so proud of her accomplishments as she has overcome so much anxiety and shyness to be able to participate both at church, school, and cheer. To see our children achieve what they are meant to do is always an amazing process.
Even through our grief, life continues on. Sometimes it is easy and light, other times we struggle under the burden of missing Millie. I can say without a doubt though I am so grateful for the 3 years with her. Even if I had known how short the time was, I would choose to do it again. Children are a BLESSING from the Lord. Never doubt that and never take it for granted.
Blessings sweet friends…
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚☆ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵


No comments:

Post a Comment