~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Saturday, January 16, 2021

A lovely day...

 

Dear Friends,

 

I have been a little hit and miss this week. It seems life gets busy and I run out of time to do anything extra.  I do not really count my journaling as extra because it relieves my brain of the 20,000 plus thoughts that swirl through my mind each day, so it really is a necessary thing on my to do list. However, I often push the truly important priorities to the end of the day.  My time with God, my time to journal, and my time to plan for the coming day all fall late at night. So often the mundane tasks fill up the daytime space and how to get it all accomplished… housework, errands, farm stuff, homeschooling, and more.  Then you add in the extras that I want to achieve like working on my book, sorting our photos, working on my projects and commitments that are not home based. Sometimes it ends up being close to midnight before my tired brain shuts down, only to start again a few hours later.

 

I know that is the life of most ‘working women’ and it really is the life of my hard-working hubby.  He runs until he is worn out!  I however just cannot do it.  After a few days of the non-stop going, I usually end up with a bad migraine and an emotional meltdown.  The tears will flow freer, the ache will intensify, the impatience and frustration will rise….and then I have to rest.  I MUST for my own sake slip into comfy clothes, play soft music, sit in my rocker sometimes journaling, sometimes reading, but always decompressing.  Now this is a new phenomenon for me. I have long considered myself an extrovert.  I love people and to talk and to go… but in the last 6 months, I love solitude and peacefulness, and home. 

 

This week has been one of those full weeks.  The mundane like doing our monthly grocery shopping on Monday and then sorting and putting it away.  Then the fellowship of our book study group and coffee with a sweet friend while our kiddos played Legos was a much-needed recharge mid-week. Thursday was a at home day that found me in my PJ’s at noon and not ashamed about it!  I did not sleep in, but I took the day easy and slow.  I enjoyed a nice long phone visit with my sweet daughter-in-love who I do not get to see often enough but I count as a dear friend.  I love hearing her parent our littlest grands…she is such a GOOD mama!

 

Friday was a packed full day that started with a funeral for an extended cousin.  It was a beautiful celebration of a life well lived, especially the last 20 years after he received a heart transplant.  I remember the prayers we offered for him to qualify for a new heart years ago.  The likelihood that he would receive it was very slim and his time remaining was short, yet God provided the way through a generous wife who lost her precious husband and became his donor.  Because of this gift our cousin was able to see his grandchildren born, grow up, and even get married.  What a treasured gift of LIFE!  This was our first family funeral we had attended since Millie’s service.  Our tears fell especially as I thought of his life well lived with his bride of 30 years…  just a few months longer than David and I have been married. 

 

After the service we attended our homeschool volleyball league to watch Katherine play.  This is her senior year, and it is hard to believe that she has played since she was 11.  Bittersweet memories of so may years watching her exuberance for the game.  She loves it! She is playing on 3 teams this year, so it makes for an exciting and busy day.

 

Finally, we were invited to an impromptu family wedding.  I shared a few weeks ago how we attended a wedding of one of the boys from our neighborhood (in the country your neighborhood is about a 10-mile radius!).  Yesterday we held a home wedding for his sister.  She had planned a big formal ceremony for May but decided to make it official now and we will hold a PARTY in May instead.  These kids are not our blood family, but they are most definitely our FAMILY.  We have watched them grow, loved them, celebrated with them, and feel so blessed they count us as theirs. 

It was a beautiful ceremony held in front of a huge picture window that had a beautiful tulle lit triangle framing it.  The bride was stunning of course in her white flowing dress and sparkled rose slippers.  Her daughter was the most adorable flower girl.  Her mother fixed an amazing Chicken Taco bar, her older sisters decorated, made the beautiful naked wedding cake, and prepared lovely live flower bouquets. One sister took all the portraits that I know will be outstanding!  It never ceases to amaze me the talent these ladies possess.

 

The best part was to sit in a small intimate room filled with people I love and listen to the pastor charge them to LOVE God so they can love each other well. I kept sneaking a peek at my handsome hubby sitting next to my equally handsome (single!) son.  The rest of our family was scattered among the three tables. I wish I could share pictures, but I took none and I would not want to steal the brides joy of sharing them herself.  Just envision a perfect day finished with those who love you…

 

After getting home late, we climbed in the van this morning at 6:30 and drove to Dallas.  Our sweet Miss Abby competed in the FCC Cheerleading competition.  They did a great job and brought home a HUGE trophy.  Lots of hard work went into that victory!  So proud of them!!

 

Now that we are home, I am looking forward to a quite rest of my weekend.  I am listening to soft soothing music.  One of my favorites that just finished playing and always holds a special heart memory to me is Pachelbel: Cannon in B.  My new fuzzy slippers are on, the house is quiet, and I can finally unwind.  As you prepare for another Sunday, I hope it can be a Sabbath time of rest. A time to focus your mind on things above. A time to seek Jesus and his salvation.  Do you KNOW HIM?   No matter how you prepare for your coming week, please settle where you will spend eternity.  It is never too late until you take your last breath, but as we know that can come like a thief in the night…sudden and unexpected.  BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND BE SAVED. Acts 16:31

 

Blessings of Peace sweet friends,

 

。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚

I still believe in Millie’s Miracle

。・:*:・゚Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚

#MilliesMiracle

#Forever3

#WithJesus

#Neuroblastoma

#ChildhoodCancer

No comments:

Post a Comment