~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Do you work?

 

Dear Friends,

It has been a day or two since I have checked in.  I have been busy on one of my projects and didn’t finish until late at night.  Part of being a Manager of the Home is actually doing just that…managing our home.  As any wife and mother knows, maybe any single person although the dynamics will look different, part of our job is to keep our home running efficiently.  It can be a big job!

 

I always get a kick out of the conversational question, “What do you do?”  or “Do you work?”

Some ladies answer, “Nothing, I am just a stay-at-home mother.”

Some older ladies will say. “Retired now.”

I want to say, “Domestic Engineer, but I moonlight as a grade schoolteacher and sometimes a nursery director.”

Seriously….  What do I do? Hmmm, let me think about that.

While the job description varies from day to day, on any given day I do a multitude of the things below.

Personal Care: Bible study, Journaling, Drink coffee, Exercise, and get ready for my day.

Household:  1-2 dishwashers of dishes a day (kids help), 1-2 loads of laundry a day (Kids help), general cleaning, planning, and cooking meals, grocery shopping and storage of items.  Mending clothing, sorting clothing, storing clothing, replacing clothing.

Animal Care:  Feeding and watering chickens, gathering eggs.

Household Secretary:  Balancing checkbook, working budget, paying bills, filing, making phone calls, scheduling appointments, etc.

Taxi driver: I do the homeschooled children’s driving; the private school kids are done by Daddy (most of the time!).

Homeschooling:  Teaching 1st and 3rd grade.  Down from a few years ago when I had high schoolers, elementary and preschoolers, along with a nursing baby in arms. 

I am sure there are various other things I do at any given time.  Some days it looks like I did nothing, but in reality I have gone from morning to night and never slowed down.  None of these things are shared as a complaint.  I am so grateful that I have a husband to be a helper to.  I feel so blessed to be a mama and I realize the time with them is short whether it is from the adults growing up or losing them to death like Millie.  We have to take each day captive and find JOY where we stand TODAY.

 

One of my projects this week has been to inventory, clean, and replenish my pantry.  I pulled out the stuff that was close to expiring and made a plan of how to use it in meals this week.  I hate waste, so I will be making muffins to use up the canned pumpkin.  We had tacos tonight to use the taco shells.  I had an interesting thing happen as I grocery shopped on Monday.  My store with the capital W has a little-known policy I guess about how many items you are allowed to purchase.  It has never affected me before this week.  I have long gone in and shopped for the month, coming out with TWO baskets overflowing with groceries.  I often grab a case of a particular item because in a large family you will use that up quickly.  Anyway, this time I did not even get my basket completely full when the registered stopped working and stated, “Maximum Number of Items Exceeded.”  It would go no further.  I was required to pay my bill.  I complained to the manager who said, “sorry, nothing I can do about it in store.” I asked her to please file a complaint with the corporate store, but she declined.  So frustrating when large families are discriminated against simply for buying their basic needs.  By the way…. there was no toilet paper in my basket, nor anything else that resembled hording!

 

These are such odd times we live in when retailers do not want to sell you more products.  When stores say, “limit 4 cans” but that is just a meal.  Many of my large family friends go through a dozen or more eggs at breakfast each morning, yet last spring were limited to 1 dozen at the checkout. This problem alone would be a good reason to support your local grocer.  I consider it frequently but am often put off by the prices being so much more and the lacking products to what our family really eats.  What a quandary for a small-town grocery store! They carry none of the Gluten Free items David must have.  I cannot find low carb options, or healthier versions of the ‘regular’ Standard American Diet (SAD) foods. 

 

Another part of my ‘job’ is purchasing needed clothing both for myself and at least the younger children.  After months (years!) of searching for replacement house shoes, I found them!  I had bought and returned 4-5 different pairs that did not measure up to my 8-year-old pair with the holes in the soles and all the fuzz wore off.  However, I finally found some that are PERFECT! When the mailman arrived with my long-awaited package today, I threw my tired ones away.

 

Tuesday is book study day around here and we had another challenging 2 chapters as we studied how to be better wives (and mothers).  I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know each of the 5 ladies that are involved.  They bring their children to play on Millie’s playground while we share our hearts.  Even though I am the oldest of the group (and hopefully able to be a Titus 2 woman) I am still learning so much from each of these dear women.  Fellowship of the believers AND having precious Christian women in my life is such a blessing!

 

I hope you have a strong support system whether in person or on the internet of people who encourage you, stretches you, and challenges you to follow Christ and be the best you!  I hope you count me in that circle.

Blessings sweet friends…

 

。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚

I still believe in Millie’s Miracle

。・:*:・゚Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚

 

#MilliesMiracle

 

#Forever3

 

#WithJesus

 

#Neuroblastoma

 

#ChildhoodCancer

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment