~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Walking out Relationships

 Dear Friends,

I don’t make ‘resolutions’ each year, although I did mention the two things I wanted to focus more on into the coming months. Neither had action steps or even a way to achieve them. Both are simply areas I know I am being led to make changes… in my health for the better and in my relationships because I want to value my time with PEOPLE each day.
The RELATIONSHIP one seems easier to walk it out.
1) Listen – simply being attentive when someone is speaking. Looking at them an turning my body towards them. Putting down my phone, putting a smile on, and valuing them over the interruption aggravation that I often feel.
2) Be interested in others and what they enjoy. I often let my fatigue get in the way of wanting to go to events.
3) Be intentional in CHOOSING to plan time together. A few years ago, I wrote a list of maybe 20 couples that I wanted to go to dinner with. I never told them they were on my ‘list’, but I intentionally made time to cultivate new friendships. Some were family members, others were church members, some homeschool or work friends. Many I did not know very well; some became close friends as we shared hearts and lives over a dinner date.
4) PRAY for people. They do not have to know they are being prayed for although that encouragement is often the strength someone needs to continue on the fight. I keep one list in the back of my bible, I make other lists in my journal and my planner, and when I see a need on social media I often stop and pray over it. We need to pray for others.
5) Sending a card, note, text, or small gift to another fills most people’s heart. I once visited with a friend at a ladies’ retreat that expressed how she though my PJ’s were cute. Inexpensive Walmart pj’s were all they were. However, they were something that she had not been given in a long time. After the retreat, I made a quick shopping trip that did not cost me much but did fill my friend’s heart with love knowing she was cared for. Can you buy someone a coffee, a potted plant, a special treat or even a stranger a tank of gas? LOVE God by loving his people.
Mark 12:30-31
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
Over the years I have collected a good group of friends that exhibit the above qualities. Most do not know each other, but the common theme is they are GODLY women who truly CARE for others. When Millie was sick one did my laundry, another grocery shopped, yet a third babysat. When my babies were in NICU, I have one special friend who came to sit with them so I could have a few minutes to rest. Another sweet friend sends me the most encouraging wordy texts and then delivers coffee syrups tied with fun bows to my house. On NYE, one of my newer friends texted to make sure I knew she was praying for my heart as we entered a new year without our precious girl.
I feel like I could keep going for paragraph after paragraph. Some of these ladies will be my forever friends, some are here for a season. Some bring an understanding of my grief; others bring an opportunity to walk away from it for a few minutes. Some have known me many years, others just recently entered my life. I PRAISE God for each of you! Both the ones I know in real life, the ones I talk to on the phone, and the ones I visit with on social media. We need each other.
I am grateful you heard the call and chose to bless my life!
Speaking of gifts I received one of the sweetest, yet heartbreaking gifts yesterday. I have eagerly awaited it since June of 2020. When we knew that Millie's tumors were growing so fast that we would not be able to stop them ((My heart still screams...HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?? and for a moment my chest pounds and my breath is sucked away)), then I am forced to focus on my thoughts of the here and now.... when we knew she would die soon, the hospital staff did some amazing cherished gifts for us. They footprinted and handprinted her. They got her finger print. Our nurse Ashleigh spent the day painting with Millie using pale pink paint. Millie thought her friend had come to play, yet I knew she had really come to give me a forever gift. They gave us a bunny with Millie's voice recorded on it... I still can't bring myself to listen to it, even though I do listen to her videos. The gift I have been waiting on so long arrived New Years Eve 2020...the last day of the last year that Millie lived in. It was her heartbeat set as the rhythm to her favorite song "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". I listened... I sobbed... I remembered... and I am thankful for loving and kind gifts.
James 1:17
17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
Blessings sweet friends…
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚ ☆ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment