~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Monday, December 14, 2020

Writing is therapy

 Each day as I post I think about you…

Why do you show up here?
Do you enjoy reading about Millie’s life?
Do you look forward to knowing what the rest of us are doing?
Are you looking for encouragement?
Does the scripture I share touch your heart?
Want to know why I show up each day? Writing has become my therapy. Pouring out all the thoughts and feelings that rattle in my head like rocks in a tin can. So often the thoughts that come to my mind, that are important to my life, have no interest to those around me…. mainly my little children! Seriously though, I write just like I think or talk. My brain goes in many different directions that usually lands back somewhere in the area of how can I live for Jesus? How can I best love my husband and children? How can my life be a testimony to others? What will my ministry be and who will it touch?
Like anyone, some days I have a pretty good grasp on my thought life, but other days I get distracted by the world. There are days it comes easy to keep Jesus in my sights. There are other days that heaven seems so far away. Days where I miss Millie… I miss the way things were ‘before’… It is those times that I need to remember to place my focus the right direction.
Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
Is it easy for me you might wonder…are you kidding? No, it is not easy. I am just like anyone else. I get no special award for being more spiritual. I get no free pass for my life being hard… I am not even sure if it is hard compared to others lives. Yes, hard things have happened to us. Yes, we buried our baby. Yes we have health issues. However even in the middle of all of that, I feel blessed. I am thankful for the place we live, both state and country. I am thankful that even though I do not always agree with the media, government, or even others around me, I still feel blessed by the freedoms we have. I am thankful for food, clothing, and a warm home. I am thankful for my family, friends, and church. I am incredibly thankful for the relationship my kids have with each other. I am thankful for all of you caring about us, even after Millie’s prayer needs are completed… that is such a hard thing to say. I am not ever sure what to say… even after she has died? …even after she is no longer here? I rest in the fact that she is whole, perfect, and complete. I also know we still need many prayers.

。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚

I still believe in Millie’s Miracle

。・:*:・゚Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚

#MilliesMiracle

#Forever3

#WithJesus

#Neuroblastoma

#ChildhoodCancer

No comments:

Post a Comment