~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Snow Much Fun for Millie

 When I look outside today at the snowflakes falling, one memory comes to mind so vividly. Making a phone call and begging daddy to take Millie outside to play in the snow last year. She had never played in the snow before. I remember saying, “if you cannot get her outside, please beg the Child Life ladies to bring some in a tub to her room…. just let her play in the snow.” Daddy sent pictures of her out on the rooftop playground, playing in the snow. My heart was filled with JOY. We did not know then that she would not live more than a few more months. We still clung to the hope that she would be miraculously healed on earth. That memory and the precious pictures will be what I remember every time I see snow. My baby’s first and last time to play in it and the smile on her face.

Of course, as a mama, I have other snow memories. I remember when we first moved to the farm it snowed so much that we could not get up the driveway and we all had to get out and walk the rest of the way. I remember our boys along with their friend Brian making sleds from metal, propping the barbed wire up and sliding down the hill, and under the fence out into the road. I am thankful they survived their crazy antics! I remember one of my sons being dared by daddy to put his swimsuit on and dive off the porch into the snow… Challenge taken, thankfully it was more of a belly flop. I remember a few years ago when I brought a huge bin of snow in for my toddler (SJ, I think) and allowed her to sit and play in it rather than be dressed and sent outside to get cold. She loved it! I even remember last year when little man played in the snow, yet SJ watched out the window declaring it was too cold for her to join him. We adults do not seem to enjoy it as much as the kids, but sometimes the blessing it brings is a calm peacefulness and an opportunity to just rest as a family as events cancel and roads get bad.
Our church service was difficult this morning. I came in with a joyful expectation of what I would learn. I had my journal ready for the notes I would take and then…
The thought came to me that for the first time in years I can attend a service and take notes. I no longer have a baby, toddler, or preschooler to distract me. I no longer hear the noises or feel the worry of bothering those around us. The things I no longer have make me sad; after 30 years my life is changing, I have joined the ‘adults’ whose homes have lost their babyhood. The only consolation I have is the good memories that have taken place in that sanctuary.
I remembered Christmas pasts where Millie laid just feet away in the manger representing Christ.
I recalled her third Christmas where she wore the plaid dress and sat on my lap. My Facebook post that morning talked about how strange it felt to ‘just have 3’ kids with us at church that day, SJ, Little Man, and Millie. We took a small family picture on the stage that morning of us and those three blessing. The middles were off skiing with grandparents.
I remembered the previous Christmas where they gave her a battery-operated candle to use during the candlelight service. She loved it as she proudly sat next to me in her little pink mask holding her candle.
Each of those memories carry such JOY, yet such sorrow and longing. My heart started to ache; my tears started to well in my eyes. For a few moments it was hard to feel that same expectation and excitement about the service. Drawing my thoughts back to the speaker, Kolby King shared an important nugget of truth found in a verse we frequently read but never see…
Matthew 25:34-40
35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’
37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You as a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’
40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 brothers or sisters of Mine, you did it for Me.’
See that part of the verse that is bold? The part that says, “to the extent”? The pastor focused on those 3 words as he reminded us the true meaning of doing for others. As we serve others, we need to remember we are really serving Christ. Would you cut corners when you were caring for others if you were caring for Jesus? The example was shared that as he purchased food for the needy, he bought them a holiday pie, but reasoned that whip topping was not a ‘necessity’. He was prompted to think though if he purchased pie for Christ’s food basket, would he include whip topping? YES, of course! Then why should he do any less for the least of these?
Caring for the ‘least of these’ is truly honoring Christ…
***You can hear the rest of his sermon that I posted this morning on this page.
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚☆Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment