~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Friday, December 11, 2020

Do you Believe?

 Do you Believe??

We believe many different things. Some are based in facts and many are just opinions. Some can lift us up and give us life sustaining energy. Others can cut us to our core, gutting us as they become part of our identity. Most beliefs stem from either teaching we have received, or words spoken over us. However, some beliefs come from a perception. Recently I have been listening to a very inspiring book about identifying the lie that keeps you from achieving your desires. I want to say dream, but really desire is a much better description of something we want so badly but often feel like we will never get.
In my case and the author of the book too, the desire we have is to be healthier and, in the process, lose ‘baby weight’ that cannot really be attributed to a baby this many years later. For that matter, I have been gathering that weight and blaming it on a baby for the last 15 years. Surprisingly enough, my first four do not get that blame as I was thin soon after their births. So, as I have listened to this audio book and been evaluating my beliefs that keep me from achieving this goal, I have also evaluated the perceptions I have that hold me back.
I often ‘think’ I am able to do things that I really will struggle with after the fact. Lifting heavy furniture, gardening, and any project that has me bent over for long periods of time. The fact that I like to THINK I can do it never holds me back…I still try but am reminded later why it was not a brilliant idea. Riding horses, amusement park rides, and anything that is a ‘rough’ ride will leave me hurting when the day is over. Eating wheat, even though I know I have an allergy, will usually leave me itchy and feeling gross.
Oddly enough though, that same perception of myself can also cause me to THINK that I CANNOT do something that I probably could… do you see that even in the positive, I am really not so positive? Losing weight is something that I am usually not very sure I can do. It should be simple… eat less food and change out what you eat to healthy foods and BAM that weight should go away, or so I think. Then I start…and fail…and start…and fail, over and over again. All that failure has left me with the perception that I will never be successfully be able to get back to a healthy weight.
Now I hear you loud and clear… “WHY am I talking about losing weight just 13 days before Christmas?” Gingerbread houses, candy trays, eggnog, maybe even a fruit cake are all around you just calling out to be sampled. My problem is the sampling never stops with one. I classically say, “I’ll just try one”, then end up shoveling them in as fast as I can. My self-control is low when it comes to food that is ‘special’ treats. On a general day, I do fine to eat my veggies, use stevia not sugar, and eat healthy, but give me the excuse of “just this once!” and I fall out of the sleigh. The reindeer run over me and I end up looking like grandma did after the reindeer ran over her on Christmas Eve. Not a pretty picture!
So, I am making my list and checking it twice… not my Santa list, but rather my beliefs list. The list that contains my perceptions of the truth, the lies I tell myself, the ideas I have allowed others to tell me, and then comparing it to God’s word. With truths like,
Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
Psalms 118:14 “The LORD is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.”
Proverbs 16:3 “Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.”
Romans 12:2 “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
As I meditate on the daily, they will become my ingrained belief system. They will become my new perceptions…my new truths…and where I place my trust.
Proverbs 23:7 “For as he thinks within himself, so he is.”
What we think is who we will be. What do you BELIEVE?
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚☆Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment