~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

What do we pray for?

 Prayer is on my heart today. People often tell me they are praying for me and I appreciate it so much. I know that it is the power of prayer that has walked me through the last year and a half. We are told to carry other’s burdens in scripture and praying for others is one way we can do that.

Galatians 6:2 “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”
What is bothering me right now is what do we pray for? What do we request prayer for? It used to be easy to say “pray for Millie’s blood counts to come up” or “pray that she will have no hearing loss” but now… pray for what?? That we will not hurt? We will! Pray that we will be healed? We are not sick. Pray we are comforted, yes please do. Our hearts need the comfort that only Christ can provide. SJ and I were talking about Christmas Miracles and in her always knowing fashion she said “I know you did not ask for a miracle this Christmas because all you want is Millie and there is no way she will come back to earth. We won’t see her again until heaven!” How did she get so smart? Yes I agreed, that is a miracle that there is no point in praying for.
We went to the cemetery today for a few minutes. I do not go often because in my heart, I KNOW that my baby is not there. Her earthly shell is there. The body that betrayed her, but not my sweet Millie. She is in heaven, healthy, happy, and pain free. When we arrived the first thing I noticed is someone had placed Christmas flowers on her grave. ((Thank you whoever did that!!)) I removed her now deflated birthday balloons and hung a Christmas jingle bell. It seems odd decorating it without her headstone set. We had arranged for it to be set by this week, but something went wrong in the engraving. They called to let me know it will have to be re-polished and engraved again. It will not be set until January. I tried to be gracious and tell them it would be fine. They kindly offered to set a vase in the spot until the stone was set, but I did not see a need for that.
We are closing in on Christmas now. The time is drawing short, the gifts are wrapped, the tree is decorated, the food is bought. I hope we have prepared adequately. I hear Santa is making a list, but in reality Santa’s wife has been making a list or multiple lists. Trying to ensure we have a semi equal number of gifts to open is a headache with a large family. Add to that stockings for the kids… and should you include the grandkids or let their parents do that… Staying in budget, not being extravagant, buying useful gifts is all things that bring anxiety. Not once has one of my children ever complained that they did not receive more. Not once were they worried about what a sibling received, so why do I worry so? I guess it is this is an opportunity to show them how special they are to us. I want to take every opportunity I have to shower them with love. (I know love doesn’t equal gifts…)
Santa David did all the grocery shopping for Christmas eve dinner and morning brunch today. Mrs. Santa sent a list and he and his little elf helper, Miss A reported they found it ALL. If they didn’t, then I’m going to assume we didn’t need it. I was grateful for the help as it just seems so hard to make decisions this year… food… gifts… activities… overload… Now we wait for parents, kids, and grandkids to arrive on our doorstep.
Did you see my footer I made for my posts?
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
,。・:*:・゚☆ Hebrews 11:1 。,。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵
I was looking for something whimsical, kind of like snow blowing, but could never find the right symbols for it. I chose the line “I still believe in Millie’s Miracle” for two reasons. Her tee shirts that many of you bought said “I believe in Millie’s Miracle”. I added the word “still” because I do STILL believe in her miracle. Not the miraculous healing we hoped and prayed for, but the miracle of faith… The unseen miracle of believing in something greater than ourselves. The miracle of Millie bringing us together as a community. Of a little girl touching so many that never met her, yet she changed their lives. I STILL believe in that faith, even when the days are hard and life looks bleak, I am still trusting in Jesus.
Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment