~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Rocking babies

 I wrote about rocking my baby last night, giving you a pretty detailed description of what Millie’s rocking routine looked like each night. What I didn’t tell you about is rocking the other babies. I have been a momma many years as you probably know. With my first baby we did not own a rocking chair. When my second came along, I worked at a part time job saving up to buy a glider. I used that chair with both Joshua and Joseph. After Joseph turned a year old, we thought our baby days were done. We sold the glider along with all our other baby items.

After we had our reversal surgery and our now 17-year-old daughter arrived, I was back to needing a rocking chair. This time I chose a traditional wood rocker. I used it with the next three girls, then passed it on to my oldest daughter when she had her baby. Next SJ came along and I once again bought a traditional wooden rocker. What I came to realize is that I truly don’t like to rock in wooden rockers, padded or not! They are not comfortable, even though I like the look and style. When Little Man came along, I sold my wooden rocker and invested in a Broyhill recliner rocker… that is the way to go! He and I enjoyed two years of rocking until I weaned him. Then as I rocked and nursed Millie, he was once again right up there beside her. I have spent so many nights rocking babies in that chair. It was a place I could comfortably rock and dose without fearing the baby would fall off my lap.
After telling you all about rocking Millie though, I left out something. I often have rocked Little Man back to sleep, late in the night. He would wake with leg cramps or a bad dream, requesting me to rock him. As he is growing so fast, already 6 ½ years old, I know that our rocking days are coming to an end quickly. I cherish each one. I do not begrudge being woken up, rather I take that time to thank the Lord that he has sent these children to our home. So late last night, somewhere about 1:30 am, we heard Little Man calling out as he came rushing to our room. He was having a bad leg cramp again. We treated him and then he and I rocked back to sleep in my chair. As much as I missed that time last night, the Lord gave me a child to nurture and rock still. I think in our grief walk it is so important to see what we still have, rather than living in the past with what we lost. I will forever cherish my rocking with Millie. I will also continue to rock Little Man as long as he will let me.
Turning my thoughts back to thirteen years ago today, the Lord blessed me with a tiny, 6lb little ‘farm’ girl. She arrived in the middle of the night and remained nameless for a few hours. Originally, we expected a boy… our ultrasound was WRONG! His name was Matthew Jacob, but when this precious little baby girl arrived, we had to think and pray about a name. I would tell you her name, except our long-standing rule has been I do not use the kids’ (under 18) real names on the internet. So, I refer to her as “Miss A”.
As you have seen in previous posts she has cashed in on birthday celebrations lately, but since today is her real birthday, the finale is here! Early this morning, my mom and granddaughter waited on the side of the road with a banner, doughnuts, and a cake for daddy to drive past. She was pleasantly surprised as she really wanted doughnuts but can’t easily get them around our home that early. Then at noon her daddy arrived with flowers in hand to take her on a lunch date. He had decorated the truck too! What a great daddy he is! This sweet daughter of ours is the 6th child. She loves cheer, tumbling, and dance. She plays the piano and enjoys singing. She has a heart for her siblings. She loves the Lord, enjoys her youth group, and is loving her first year at school (she’s always been homeschooled). I am so very blessed that Miss A is my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment