~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

I have to trust...

 Fear… it is such a powerful word!

Fear is defined as “an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.”
Each of us struggles with fears our whole lives. From a newborn baby who fears his needs will not be met, to a child who fears the dark, to a teen who fears rejection, to an adult who fears the future, they all have fears. From a middle age person who fears for the what ifs in life to the elderly person who fears the loneliness at the end of life, they all have fears. There is a fear associated with birth and a fear associated with death. No matter where we are in life, something will strike our hearts with fear. Some people admit their fears. Others act fearless, but in reality, everyone has fears.
Even as a nation, we are held in fear right now. Some fear this virus, others fear losing their freedoms. Some fear for their lives and are isolating, while others fear for their sanity from the isolation. Fear, no matter the cause, does not take a side. It strikes everyone in some way or another. Are you fearful? Do you feel anxiety? If so, how do you deal with that?
Scripture has 365 verses that deal with fear. That has been related to God giving us a verse a day reminding us not to fear. One says:
Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
While this verse does say do not fear, it does not say that nothing bad will happen. There is no magic formula that says if we are Christians that life will be easy, that is simply not true. Rather scripture tells us:
John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
We are told plainly we WILL HAVE TROUBLES! Everyone has troubles in this life. The key is that our troubles are HERE. We will have trouble here on earth, but it goes on to say “take heart! I have overcome this world.” See outside of this world we will not have troubles. Sweet Millie has no troubles now that she is outside this world. She has no pain… she has no sorrow… She knows no fear…
As I have thought about what I fear, I want to say… “nothing scares me, I’ve fought cancer with and still lost my child. What could be worse?” I want to type that with such a determination and firmness, yet it is not entirely true. While many of my fears have moved outside this world for the most part, there are still things that I fear here on earth. They revolve around my family. I fear their safety in some situations. I fear losing their hearts and ultimately their fellowship. However, my biggest fear is not knowing if my children will be named as one of Jesus’ own at the day of judgement. These are the things I still have to daily hand over to Jesus as I pray and then TRUST that he has a plan.
Is that easy? Absolutely not and I would be lying if I said it was. I am just like any one of you reading. I struggle, I fall, but I also get back up. I strive to please the Lord in all I do. He is the standard and the mark. Not what I want, but what he wants! Because we all know if I were in charge, I’d be in my rocking chair tonight. I would have a precious, little, blond curly headed girl on my lap. She would be saying “can I sleep in your chair mama?” She would kiss both cheeks, then my forehead, but demand I not kiss her back. She would act mad when I snuck a kiss and I would have to apologize, all the while laughing. I would rub her soft, squishy skin. I would cuddle her close and breath in her baby smell. She would be wrapped in pink blankie with bear and monkey in her arms. If I were in charge life would be different, but I am not, God is. I can only trust that his plan is bigger than I see. I trust that he is rocking my girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment