~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Friday, September 25, 2020

Blessings of a grateful mama

 My favorite time of the year is fall. Fall is a time to slow down. It’s a time to savor life. It’s sitting with a hot drink and having to be patient for it too cool enough to drink. It’s family and friends gathering together for bon fires and Thanksgiving meals. It’s sweaters and comfy clothes. Its fuzzy socks and a wood stove. There is just something that says preparing to rest.

My birthday is in late October, so fall was always a time of celebration. My mom made me homemade costumes each year. She was always so creative. One year I was the “Fruit of a Loom” grapes while my baby brother was the apple. Another year I was Ms. Packman. I loved the costume parties she held for my birthday. I enjoy hayrides, caramel apples, apple cider and pumpkin patches. What I don’t love it candy corn… Yuck!! As a child it was all about the pumpkin pie. My sweet grandma always baked me my own pumpkin pie for my birthday. I love anything pumpkin flavored; yes, I am that pumpkin spice girl. I enjoy cool mornings and mild days. I love decorating my house with pumpkins, scarecrows, and ‘Thankful’ signs. Fall has my heart!
While we do not celebrate Halloween as a family anymore, this time of year still calls to me. I try to take my kids pictures each year with a pumpkin, a pot of mums, or a grateful sign. It reminds me once again to be grateful; to acknowledge where all good things come from. It gives me opportunity to thank the Lord for his goodness.
James 1:17 “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18 “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
Psalm 118:1 “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.”
Do you believe that? Is it hard to believe that God is good when bad things happen in this world? I think often people think if we follow God our path will be easy. It is not! The easy way is the way of the world. It is filled with distractions, temptations, and drama. The straight and narrow path must be focused on. You must keep your mind and heart looking straight ahead. If you stumble to the left or right, you will leave the path. It is not easy! So how is it possible? By following the Good Shepard.
John 10:27 “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me”.
When you follow Christ, he will lead you in paths of righteousness (the right way). You will be his disciple. Billy Graham describes a disciple that “is simply someone who believes in Jesus and seeks to follow him in his or her daily life. Originally, of course, a disciple was someone who literally knew Jesus in the flesh and followed him — but after he was taken up into heaven, anyone who was committed to Jesus was called a disciple.” He goes on to say, “What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus? It means first of all that we want to learn from him — and we will, as we study God’s word, the Bible, and listen to others teach from it. Make the Bible part of your life every day. The Psalmist said, “The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple” (Psalm 119:130).
But being a disciple also means we want to put God’s word into action by seeking to live the way Christ wants us to live — with God’s help.”
As I seek daily to be a disciple of Christ, I daily try to live my life following him. I base my decisions on the scriptures. No, I am not perfect! I fail and I do it often, but my heart is one that I WANT to do right and when I don’t I WANT to make it right. I hope that you will join me as a disciple of Christ. So many of you have become a daily part of my life. You encourage me, you pray for us, you cheer us on, and you weep when we are brokenhearted. You will never know the impact this side of heaven that you have had on me and others on Millie’s page.
Philippians 1:3 “I thank my God every time I remember you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment