~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Monday, April 12, 2021

My old blue sweater

 Do you own an old blue sweater? You know the kind that is comfy, zips down the front, has a hood for colder weather, but is usually worn indoors to keep the chill off. My favorite sweater meets all these requirements but also has threadbare cuffs from many years of wear. I think I bought it sometime between SJ and Little Man, so maybe it is 8-10 years old by now. This sweater has seen lots of life. I have fed animals, gathered the mail, washed the dishes, cooked dinner, rocked babies, even slept in it occasionally when I feel chilled. It has served me well and after spending the afternoon repairing the bare spots it will continue to serve me for awhile longer.

You might wonder why I would ‘waste’ my time fixing a hole or a threadbare spot on an obviously old sweater? I have a few reasons, the first being I really LIKE the fit of this sweater. I have looked around at new retail stores and thrift stores, but I have yet to find one that compares to this one. A second reason would be that I like to be thrifty. I could afford to buy a new sweater, but this one still works. I am a firm believer of being good stewards of our money. That means making repairs, fixing seams, sewing buttons on, and getting my money’s worth from an item. Another reason is some things just work too well to replace…
In life we will find many things that need to be tweaked or changed to improve them. I often change our homeschooling direction up with new books. I make new routines and evaluate what works for our family. I am always open to change, but when something works I will leave it be. I have been known to go back and buy the same item in multiple colors because it meets my needs and is an easy choice. I have summer shoes all the same style in white, black, and navy. I have tee shirts that came in green, pink, brown, and purple—all identical. Interestingly enough I have an olive-green sweater that is identical to the blue one, but I bought it a size larger and just do not wear it as much as my trusty favorite.
Most days you will find me in a long(er) skirt, usually a stretchy and comfy material, a matching tee shirt, a light-weight sweater (usually BLUE), and my trusty but clunky running shoes. You can laugh that I call them running shoes, the only time I run is when something is chasing me. However, they are truly a shoe that runners chose for comfort and I am all about comfort! I find the following scripture so humorous when applied to me running.
𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙗𝙨 28:1 “𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙧𝙪𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙣𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢,…”
That is totally taken out of context but summarized my thoughts about becoming a runner— it is not happening…ha-ha!
Speaking of running, I want to exercise more but each time I do I am reminded how very much OUT of shape I am (well I have a shape that is called jolly round but that is another story). I have committed to myself to exercise on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week. I do it Monday, but find I am still so sore on Wednesday that I can hardly get around. Is this age? Or being overweight? I have no idea. I seriously don’t know how people can do it and successfully work up to where they want to be. I laughingly say to myself, “Push through the pain!” but in all reality my thigh muscles hurt so bad I can barely get up from my chair. Now before you think I am ‘overdoing it’…do not give me too much credit! I am doing gentle exercise for about 20 min—Whew! Hard exercise might just kill me!! I already eat fairly healthy, with my occasional meltdown and give in moments. (((If you have expertise in exercising, please dm them to me. I would love some guidance and suggestions)))
Getting back to the thought of changes in our lives— many times changes are downright scary! Our little country church has gone through many changes over the last year. We have had a pastor and a music minster both be called away to serve in other churches. The inevitable change of finding a replacement can be scary. Just this last week our church called an interim pastor to preach every Sunday morning until a pastor is officially hired for this role. The man being called to fill in is well known and loved by our church. He knows our little congregation well because he was our pastor when Millie was age 2. We look forward to having him in the pulpit again.
As with anything involving change there is unknowns that give us anxiety. Questions must be asked, and decisions must be made. The decisions made are not always the right ones, but they can still be used as a time of growing and stretching in our lives. We are told in scripture to bring our anxieties to God. We are to present our needs in prayer even though he already knows and sees them. It is the relationship building of asking our heavenly father for direction that helps guide our lives. Following this leading is where we walk in faith.
“𝗗𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘅𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝗯𝘆 𝗽𝗿𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗲𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗚𝗼𝗱.” 𝗣𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝟰:𝟲
"𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝗯𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗵, 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗯𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.." 𝟮 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝟱:𝟳
Blessings sweet friends…
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚☆ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵
2,670
People Reached
555
Engagements
160
19 Comments
6 Shares
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment