~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Sharing a moment

 For the last two weeks I have been avoiding breaking down. I have had too many things to get done that I had to neatly pack up my emotions and focus other places. However it has been exhausting!

I have been struggling so much to get moving in the mornings. My coffee hasn’t even been strong enough to jumpstart my day. As soon as lunch was over I felt like I needed a good long nap. I wondered if I might be coming down sick? Nothing ever came from it but the tired, tired, and more tired feelings. I believe it was taking all my energy to just keep on moving and looking away from the grief monster.
That emotional dam broke this evening with the help of one of my children. This precious child asked to go to Millie’s grave site. I agreed and we quietly made the 10 mile drive. Once there, I busied myself with wiping the dust off her headstone, straightening the flowers in her vase, and adjusting the metal art we have on her grave. I usually can do these things without too much sadness because I truly believe MILLIE is not there. Her earthly body that betrayed her is buried just below my feet and that seems unreal, but the precious spunky, funny, loving Millie we knew is in heaven. Our souls are what make us not our flesh and blood.
Surprisingly though, this evening the sadness hit in a new way. It hit while watching one of my other sweet children lean over Millie’s grave and grieve her so hard. The tears, the loneliness, the regrets are all something we each carry but we try to hide it from one another. Our minds falsely say, “why hurt someone else by bringing it up. I might remind them”. Reality is we don’t need reminding, we remember every single day. We need instead to lean into the comfort we could give one another.
“Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
After we finished at the cemetery, we went to pick up dinner at a local restaurant. While we waited, we watched video after video of Millie, sharing laughs, memories, and even tears. Each one are a part of that healing balm that ministers to brings us peace but not forgetfulness.
I am so incredibly grateful for my other children
If you have followed our story long then you have seen us post pictures of our friend Levy who is battling Leukemia. Her mama/ my dear friend Winter shared her story recently on the “Better Together” podcast.
Blessings Sweet Friends,
・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚゚★ ★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:☆ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆ ★。・:*:︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵。・:*
4,227
People Reached
869
Engagements
415
53 Comments
7 Shares
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment