~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Sunday, May 9, 2021

Mother's Day 2021

 π‡πšπ©π©π² 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐫’𝐬 πƒπšπ² 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏

Today is that somewhat bittersweet day for all Moms. If you have experienced losing a child to heaven, it takes on a heavier feel. You understand how a person can feel both joy and sadness in the same breath. You can embrace gratitude and loss with the same thought. You can have tears in your eyes and precious memories in your heart. You are a mom of a child just out of arms reach.
To be completely honest, I have been dreading what my heart would feel this Sunday morning, Mother’s Day 2021. I expected so many emotions to sneak in and whisper to my heart…sadness, loss, loneliness, and pain. I wondered how I would bear knowing that my first Mother’s Day with one less child in my home would look. I have been struggling the last few days with the heaviness of heart that I expected. This morning though, my heart feels gratitude. Immense gratitude! Would I have rather had ALL my precious children here? Absolutely, but in the place of that I can still feel so thankful that each one entered our family and touched our life with their unique presence.
The pressured buildup of expectation this week gave way to the daily reality of my life without Millie. I was reminded that each day will still have her sweet fragrance even without her physical presence. Thinking about her, listening to her siblings talk of her, remembering so many precious memories all line my heart with a pain reliever called thankfulness. Will it always be this way? I don’t know, but I doubt it. Pain and grief seem to come in a circular motion—coming close, moving through, going away, only to circle around and take another hit. Usually that next hit is when we don’t expect it and it knocks up to our knees. I have learned to expect that…
π“π¨ππšπ² 𝐈 𝐰𝐒π₯π₯ 𝐜𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 π‰πŽπ˜!
π‰πŽπ˜ that I was blessed with 9 beautiful children. I LOVE each of you.
π‰πŽπ˜ that I was given the opportunity to carry 10 pregnancies if but for a short time.
π‰πŽπ˜ that I have loved a child…many children for over 30 years.
π‰πŽπ˜ that I have had the opportunity to see my children become parents and enjoy the fruit of that endeavor.
π‰πŽπ˜ that I have a wonderful daughter in law that is a perfect match to our family. Love you lady!
π‰πŽπ˜ that I got to spend Mother’s Day weekend with 7 of my children and 3 of my grandchildren.
π‰πŽπ˜ that many friends remembered me this morning and knew I would be missing my sweet Millie.
π‰πŽπ˜ that I heard of another person coming to Christ because of Millie’s life story.
π‰πŽπ˜ that my Jesus loves me enough to give his life selflessly for me, so I may have the opportunity to see both him and my Millie in heaven again someday.
As you walk through this Sunday, I hope you are able to see the truth of today. Do not be disappointed by the lack of ‘commercialized’ love shown to you. Maybe you did not get a gift, card, flowers, or breakfast again this year. Maybe the house is a mess, and the family is fighting. Maybe no one even acknowledged this day. Maybe your heart is breaking for the unmet desires of a child. No matter where your pain comes from, know you are not alone. Jesus walks with you. He hears the desires of your heart, even those you don’t dare to whisper aloud. He loves YOU! He desires for you to have π‰πŽπ˜! What are you thankful for today??
Blessings sweet friends…
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚☆ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿ΰ­¨☆ΰ­§‿︵‿︵
4,180
People Reached
924
Engagements
253
26 Comments
9 Shares
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment