~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Love is in the air

 

Dear Friends,

 

Little Man and SJ got a fun treat today!  Grandma and Papa arranged a middle of the day bowling outing. They live about an hour and a half away, so it is not often the kids get a chance to just spend the day with them.  After bowling they finished the treat off with a trip to Braum’s Ice Cream store.  During this time, Katherine and I took advantage of the opportunity to have lunch together.  As she and I sat down in the restaurant we noticed that a friend of mine’s husband was at a nearby table.  After a brief greeting, we turned to our table and enjoyed Mama/Daughter lunch together.  When it came to ask for our check, our waitress replied, “The gentleman at the other table took care of your tab.”  What a sweet surprise!  It never ceases to amaze me when someone is prompted to invest in another person AND acts on it.  You never know how you touch another life when your heart is generous and willing to be a blessing…





We next went to Hobby Lobby and had a shopping trip!  Around Millie’s 4th birthday, my sweet friend gave me a JOY word which I display in my kitchen window frame.  A while back I spied some other words—Blessed, Love, Hope, Faith – that all matched.  I returned today to purchase them.  These visible reminders make me happy and keep the things I value in front of my eyes.  I also try to change my home décor seasonally.  I have a ‘Winter’ ‘Spring’ ‘Summer’ and ‘Fall’ box of items that I switch out.  Realistically it turns into “Winter – Christmas – Snowmen” “Spring – Love – Valentines” “Summer – 4th of July – Patriotic” and “Fall – Thanksgiving – Harvest”.  Before you envision a huge effort, let that go!  It is a simple Rubbermaid box with a few framed sayings, some seasonal coffee mugs, a wall hanging or two, maybe a center piece for the table, and some framed photos in a seasonal frame.  Easy peasy!  Cheap…because I do not want to spend too much.  Currently I have a cute garland with the word LOVE in metal, some mini canning jars with tea lights, a few little sayings like “Love lives here” or “Love Never Fails” (Dollar General and inexpensive!).  Today I bought a metal sign that said “We love because he first loved us” simple scripture, but love based. 

Tomorrow I am hosting a homeschool meeting.  We are having a special guest speaker that I am excited to welcome into my humble home.  I pray it will be a night of encouragement to the other moms that attend.  If you would like to join me, please pray that God would have this Christian woman speak a word of encouragement from the Lord to give us moms vision, endurance for our tasks, and real-life tips that we can use in the trenches of raising kiddos.  I will try to share more about it tomorrow.

Blessings sweet friends…

。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚

I still believe in Millie’s Miracle

。・:*:・゚ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚

 

#MilliesMiracle

 

#Forever3

 

#WithJesus

 

#Neuroblastoma

 

#ChildhoodCancer

No comments:

Post a Comment