~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Sunday, February 14, 2021

A Valentines Explosion!

 

Dear Friends,

Happy Valentine’s Day 2021! 







Is this a happy day for you personally?

For many people today is a day focused on love, sweet sentiments, roses, and chocolate. For other people today is a sad reminder of a loneliness in their lives.  That loneliness can stem from a spouse not living up to the expectations of the world by forgetting to buy a gift.  That loneliness can come from the loss of someone being with us, whether through death, distance, or failed relationships.  Often times the day that the culture touts as one filled with LOVE leaves us empty and hurting instead.

 

I have many thoughts about this day.  Early on in my marriage it was a day of performance where David had to remember and honor me with ‘something’ special to show his love for me.  How defeating!  Do I really want his love to only be wrapped up in some cheap (or even expensive) gift?  And what if he does forget?  Am I to believe that he does not love me 364 days of the year because on that ONE special day he did not measure up to my expectations?

 

Another aspect is the thought of my children.  What should Valentines be to them?  Is it a day I have to buy them something so they know they are loved?  Do I have to fill them full of sugar and gifts?

 

Is this ‘holiday too commercialized?  Possibly as it is a way to sell something and make money for sure.  However, I believe the happy medium for me is--

This is a day that I can pause and show my love and appreciation to each of my children and my dear husband with a handwritten note inside a pretty card. I do not just buy the card and sign it, “Love Mama”.  Rather I take the time to make sure I tell them all the things I admire in them, the ways I am proud of them, and that I am so thankful they are mine. 

 

In this day of technology and a quick email or text message, it is not often that people take the time to truly WRITE a letter to someone else.  A letter that requires no reciprocation or expectations, just shares a sentiment with those you love.  That is what I find most important about this day. 



 

Now as to the fun part, I always awake early (12:05 am this year), sneak to the kitchen and put a few fun festive things on the table.  Nothing big…a red tablecloth, a card at each place, and two small chocolate hearts for each person.  I also laid out red party plates and heart printed napkins with the idea I would cook homemade pancakes this morning for the family.  As the best laid plans go, one child made her own healthy breakfast, daddy grabbed some cereal, and I had to take a few minutes breather by myself in our room.  My heart was happy and full until all the sudden my eyes were too!  David apologized for not getting me a card this year, but that was not the problem…my heart is just broken this year.  It can be so filled with LIFE and JOY, yet still harbor sadness and sorrow.  Broken hearts have a way of allowing tears to leak out of the cracks when you least expect them. 

“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners; “  Isaiah 61:1 - New American Standard Version

After I finished wiping my cheeks and thinking about my sweet Millie, I headed to the kitchen and made homemade pancake to fill little bellies.  I say homemade because we never use a mix.  Long ago, I learned to cook from recipes and individual ingredients instead of box mixes.  I have tried hard to teach my girls the same skills.  You will not always be able to get to the store to buy a mix, but we always have flour, sugar, salt, and flavorings.  Cookies, cakes, breads, etc. are all fairly easy to make from scratch. 

 

Once the kids were done eating I set to making myself a ‘healthy’ pancake.  It is made with oat flour and cottage cheese, add in stevia and baking powder.  The recipe said mix it all in the blender and then cook.  I have done this many times in my large blender pitcher and never had a problem but had yet to try it in the individual blender cup.  Let me just say……..DO NOT DO THIS!!!  Learn from my experience unless you feel your kitchen ceiling and cabinets need a good cleaning.  Or you can use this approach if you think it is time to mop the floor, wash your hair and change your clothes.     WHAT A MESS!!!  I almost cried again but had to settle to heavy sighing and laughing at myself.   We all need to be able to laugh at ourselves, right? 





I finished making my pancake with the small amount of batter that has chosen to stay in the cup, added some vanilla yogurt in the middle, topped it with berries and strawberry syrup.  Finally, a touch of whipped cream finished off my hard-earned treat, chased down with coffee as we watched church on the computer this morning.  It is cold and snowy here today but thankfully we are warm and toasty in our home. 

 

My Joy comes in the morning when I hear my Savior calling, but often only after I have sat through my daily mourning of losing Millie.  Grief and Joy, Death and Life all go hand in hand.  Never think you will get over it, simply realize that you learn to live with the pain and so it can bear it a little easier. 

 

(Pictures hold the step by step kitchen cleaning instructions…)

Blessings sweet friends…

。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚

I still believe in Millie’s Miracle

。・:*:・゚ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚

 

#MilliesMiracle

 

#Forever3

 

#WithJesus

 

#Neuroblastoma

 

#ChildhoodCancer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment