~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Harmony of Christ

 Dear Friends,

Today was our book study day again…

I never cease to be amazed at the wealth of knowledge the ladies in our group possess. The hearts they have for Jesus, the righteous encouragement they offer, and the sweet fellowship they bring all bless my heart in so many ways. It is not often that you can have a group of women from different ages---we span 20+ years, different denominations, different places in life from newborns to grandchildren, different backgrounds, and yet we have such harmony because the Love of Christ permeates our time. We each value the others so much and would never want to cause an offence.
The flip side is somewhat funny. Our kids love to play together during our study time. We have a wide range of those too! There are babies to pass around, toddlers who play at our feet, preschoolers who range from rough and tumble to tea party sweet. And then there are the BOYS! Sometimes I have to shake my head when it comes to Little Man. He is filled and oozing from every pore with COMMAND. He will issue a command without ever batting an eye. He does not know how to tactfully ask for something, he just states “Do this now”. Years ago, this behavior dumbfounded me. I could not understand how any child could take charge all the time (of their peers) and never realize how selfish and rude they were being. Do not misunderstand, I do make him be kind to the best of my ability. He does get in trouble for his actions and behaviors, but his general stance is that of a cocky little rooster. He has the world under his command, and he can handle it.
I finally realized God really does create men like this (who start out as boys!) and these men are VALUABLE to our society. They might be hard to get along with sometimes if we choose to be offended by them, but generally they are HARD workers who get the job done. They know how to take charge and lead others to getting the job done. If I can keep this mindset, I can see the bigger potential and I can see past a boy who needs to be whipped by a bigger boy…just once! Just kidding, but I think that takes the starch out of the ones that realize they are not as big as they think.
The study time gets more interesting when Little Man’s self-proclaimed best friend is also a Command guy. Last week I said, “You are the older kid. You need to be a leader that leads them to righteousness!” His response was, “I know that, but he does not believe it!”. They are about six months apart in age and both vie for the leadership role. I cannot wait to see what God can and will do through these two boys who will grow up being leaders.




Little Man learned early on to lead his baby sister.

Blessings sweet friends…
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚☆ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment