~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Sunday, March 7, 2021

I will get through this... but never over it

 Monday, March 8th marks the eight month that we have been without our girl. In many ways a lifetime has passed. People have grown, life has changed, time has moved on, yet in our hearts we are the same. We wake up each day with that fresh reminder that she is not here once again. We dry our tears if they have fallen, square our shoulders, and remind ourselves that we can do this. We will get through this sorrow. We will never get over it, but through it is a different thought. I listened to Jon Acuff share in his book, “Boundaries” that we need to stop saying, “I will get over this…” because that phrase leads you to believe once you get over it, then you are done forever. Instead, we will get ‘through it’, meaning even though we fight it repeatedly, it will return, and we will have to get through it once more. He was not referring to grief, and yet it is the perfect statement to describe our grief.

Another view of the time she has been gone is to look the other direction. Instead of thinking she has now been gone 34 weeks, I can say, “We are 34 weeks closer to seeing Millie again in heaven”. That is a comfort. My work here is not done, but God knows when it will be. He knows how long my earthly life will last. I just know it is 34 weeks closer to seeing his face and my girl again.
This week I have been taking a course to help me be a better writer. I always want to be improving my skills and I try to do this through little ‘mini seminars’ that I find offered online. I have pages and pages of notes, but the bigger theme I keep hearing is to remember that as scripture reminds me “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he….” I need to think on the positive. I need to focus on the truth. I need to take my thoughts captive and I need to remember “Today is a brand-new day and tomorrow is too!” (J. Acuff). Those positive thoughts can keep me moving towards achieving my goals and dreams. Some of those dreams are tiny seedlings, still being nurtured and sprouting like our garden seeds. Other of those dreams are HUGE and seeming impossible to achieve. I am trying to dream big right now. It seems that dreams are the promise that we will have a future filled with life and love again. It will always have a fragrance of sorrow without Millie but giving birth to a dream is like giving yourself permission to move forward. Until heaven…
Blessings sweet friends…
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚☆ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵
5,668
People Reached
801
Engagements
491
53 Comments
6 Shares
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment