~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

The results of LOVE for another

 Tonight, will be a night of truth. People’s hearts will show clearly as they vote AND as they open their mouths after they see the results. Strangers, friends, and people we love will be hurt. It might be from someone physically threatening or even attacking them. It might be from words spoken to hit the mark of making the other person feel like a complete idiot. It might be from an unintentional remark or Meme posted. No matter how it is delivered, by tomorrow morning there will be many hurting people.

Never in my lifetime have we as Americans had to fear the repercussions of casting our own vote. In any other given election, the losing candidate and his followers quietly step in behind to continue to make this nation one we can be proud to live in. This year has a different feel. It has one of hatred, anger, and fear. Right now, our country is acting like a bunch of spoiled two year old’s screaming “if I don’t get my way then everyone will pay!” Pictures are emerging of the major cities boarding up their store fronts almost as if anticipating a hurricane, yet the storm that is brewing is something man can stop. We can turn this around. One four letter word would solve it, LOVE!
John 15:13
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
If we truly LOVED FIRST, our anger and hatred would be blotted out. Our selfish ‘me attitude’ would be given up by simply seeing others as humans. By seeing our neighbors as having worth and laying down our lives (our desires) for them.
Mark 12:30-31 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”
No matter what the night holds. No matter who is in charge of our little corner of the world tomorrow, I have no doubts God is still in control.
Isaiah 41:10 - Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Live without FEAR! Live without DISMAY! God will STRENGHTEN us. He will uphold us during the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment