~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Following the Rules??!?

 I am a rule follower by nature. I kind of figure if someone spent the time thinking through a new rule that they must have had the best interest of the people at heart. They surely weighed out the pros and the cons, using their expertise in the area to make a well-grounded decision, right? No one would waste their time otherwise. Why would someone desire to make your life hard for the sake of making it hard?

Over my 40 plus years I have however encountered rules that are stupid and have no logical basis, at least in my mind. However, if you speak to the rule maker (law maker) they probably THINK they had a good reason. One rule that comes to mind is giving me a ticket for driving in the left or fast lane. If I am doing the speed limit, why ticket me for using that lane? Yes, I understand the premise of not congestion the highways, but why ticket someone for doing the right thing and allow the speeders to pass by doing the wrong? On so many levels this rule (now law) is wrong. It wears out the right lane faster by not evenly distributing the traffic. It makes entering the highway very dangerous because the entrance lane is so congested. It is just plain STUPID in my opinion, but then who asked my opinion.
There are many other such ‘rules’, mandates, suggestions, guidelines, and laws that I encounter each day. However, today I am done! I am going to make my own decision as to what rules I am going to abide by. I am taking a stand! So excuse me, I will be spending the rest of the day cutting the “Do not remove by law” tags off my mattress, pillows, towels, rugs, blankets etc. It really is my choice if I keep those ugly tags there, hanging out and distracting me from lovely thoughts.
Obviously, I needed a laugh today...maybe you did too? Now go find a pesky tag and take your aggression out on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment