~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Promises and Procrastination

 Many times we put off until tomorrow what we don't think we have time to do today. It could be a chore or a tasks that we know we need to complete. It could be a prompting to speak to someone or serve them. Or it could be telling your children that you will do that thing....tomorrow. Sometimes we do, but other times we adults forget our simple promise.

I remember when my son was small we would drive past a skate board park each time we headed to town. He always asked to stop and I said we will someday. I had every intention to take him, but I didn't. He soon outgrew his request as little boys do. He was so loving and forgiving that he didn't hold that 'promise' against me. He is soon to be 24 years old now. He's a husband and father. He's a hard worker. I'm a proud mama! However I never pass that park without remembering that I didn't keep my commitment to him. Not intentionally, but I believed there was always tomorrow. Death is not the only thief, time itself quickly seeps away like sand in a hourglass.

Scripture reminds us in James 4:13-15
"Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."


Procrastination often leads to regrets. Spending time in my rocking chair with Millie is something I will never regret. For 3,865 days, minus hospital stays, Millie and I could be found in our rocking chair multiple times a day and night. I'm so grateful that even on the morning she passed, some of her last words to me were 'will you rock me?' She found as much comfort in that chair as I did. I miss my daily rocking time. Little man and I rock some, but at 6 he is soon to outgrow it.

Millie's life is a good reminder, just as the skateboard park is, to not procrastinate. I do not know what tomorrow will bring. Yes, life is a vapor, we think our years...20, 50, 80 seem so long. Our life span seems long when we are young, but as older people will attest the years fly by.

My challenge to you is to find the things you have committed to doing, especially with your children and grandchildren, then do them. You will never regret the time spent with them.

💕Praises:
I'm so grateful for my Lazyboy Recliner that we bought for me to rock the babies in. What a comfy place to be...🦋💖

🔹Prayers:
Pray for the churches of America as they adjust to all the changes this spring and summer. Many churches are walking through hard times right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment