~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Love is an adjective, Love is a verb

 Today was the Lord’s day. Our family headed to church, first Sunday School, then the Worship Service. Each ministered to my heart in such a big way.

In Sunday School, we discussed LOVE. Many people when hearing the word love will envision a warm gooey feeling. Blushing cheeks, roses, romance, and red hearts. However, that type of love is simply an adjective. It is describing how we ‘think’ love is. It’s really more of an attraction.
Have you every though how true LOVE is a Verb? It is a decision and choice to be committed to someone, no matter the problems that may arise. It is a commitment to stay together when life gets hard. Sometimes after people lose a child and the stress builds, fighting ensues and sometimes it leads to divorce. Sometimes there is blame involved surrounding the child’s death, but probably the marriages just fade away from not taking the time to invest in each other. Early on in Millie’s illness we had a very real talk that if we were going to lose her, we did not want to lose our other children (their hearts) or our marriage too. We have had to make a conscious CHOICE to still pursue each of those things. Grief is hard to walk through. It’s harder when you have to think of how the others are handling it also. We have a lot of hearts to walk with during this time.

Our text this morning was about LOVE also.
Romans 13:8-14
Love Fulfills the Law
8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,”[a] and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[b] 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore, love is the fulfillment of the law.
It all comes down to LOVE. People say do not judge, just love. Is that possible? Yes and no. Just as Jesus met the woman at the well and told her “go and sin no more”, he loved her (he didn’t stone her as the law commanded) but he did judge by saying to sin no more. Was he mean? No, acknowledging sin and encouraging others to turn from it is never mean. It is a demonstration of LOVE for them and their wellbeing. This is were we can love the sinner and not the sin. It is possible….


Another verse that is well known is the 23 Psalm:
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Verse 4 talks about the valley of the shadow of death. That valley is grief, but the only reason there is a shadow is because there is light above. Look up and see the SON of God. He leads us through this valley. He is with me each step of the way. He is with you also. We have nothing to fear. He comforts us. He restores us. We do not want. Our cup runs over.


I’m thankful for the comforting words and actions of our GOD. May HIS goodness and mercy follow us all the days of our life…

Praises:
๐Ÿ’•I’m so grateful for the untold amounts of LOVE that have been given to our family this year. You have served, prayed, shown up, and shared so much with us. Thank you for staying by our side as we continue this journey.

Prayers:
๐Ÿ”นTonight I heard a special prayer request from a family friend. A young man name Harold was severely burned the last few days while working on his car. Please pray for comfort to him. Pray for restoration of his health. Pray that his doctors have wisdom as they treat him. LOVE him by praying for him.

****Often on Sunday Mornings I share our church service online. If you are looking for a place to worship, consider watching with us. Today we sang the song:
"Surely the Presence of the Lord is in this place"
as our hearts prepared to worship Jesus together. It was beautiful.๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿฆ‹

No comments:

Post a Comment