~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Do you doubt God’s goodness?

Yesterday we talked about hiding God’s word in our hearts to not sin against him.  If you are a Christian you probably know what the term ‘sin’ means.  But what if you are not?  Of course most people associate sin with ‘doing bad things’. We’ve all heard the term “Sin City”…that place people go to do things they wouldn’t usually do back at home?  But really, what is sin?  The dictionary says sin is  
“an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law”

As I was reading my bible this morning I found where I had written “The very first sin came from doubting God’s goodness.”  That is a powerful statement!  Adam and Eve lived in a sin free world.  They had everything.  God walked with them daily. Things were perfect. And then…. Eve was tempted because she believed the lie that God was keeping good things from them.  She DOUBTED God’s goodness.  She tempted Adam to doubt God’s goodness.  Wow the power a woman, even a misguided one, has on her guy.  Just as its said a mother sets the tone for the home, a wife has high influence on her husband.

Do you doubt God’s goodness?  Have you believed a lie?  Do you search for JOY in places other than God? Again, its back to a war with the mind…  Either God is GOOD all the time or you have doubts about his goodness.

I choose to believe God is good all the time and all the time God is good!  

A favorite movie of mine “Facing the Giants” says
 “If we win, we praise Him. And if we lose, we praise Him. Either way we honor Him with our actions and our attitudes. So, I’m askin’ you… What are you living for?”
Grant Taylor (Alex Kendrick)





Today my JOY showed up when the mailman arrived.  A box with a beautiful memorial to Millie arrived.  It is a solar powered sign with her picture, her name and dates on it. Little Man was so impressed.  He said "I've never seen anything like that. It will be amazing" He's always so much fun!
As we sorted more school stuff this morning, SJ burst into tears.  When I asked what she was thinking she responded “I just realized I’ll never get to help Millie with preschool.  It was my turn to help teach”.  I usually let my older kids teach my preschoolers a mini-preschool class.  Alphabet and Numbers, they all have fun doing crafts together.  Most every child has looked forward to helping their ‘buddy’.  This has been a tough thing for all of us to realize our preschool and kindergarten years are done.  I gave all Millie’s school stuff to our grandbaby as her mama plans to homeschool. Its been a sweet balm to know that she will enjoy Millie’s things. 

Praises:
I was grateful that SJ trusted me enough to share her grief and her heart with me.  She is a true treasure at 9. She’s old enough to understand so much, but still have a sweet innocence about her.  Sometimes its so hard to think all the ‘little girl’ in our family ends with her now.  She’s growing so fast.

Prayers:
Pray for the children as they adjust to the little things that bring so much grief out. 
Pray for rest for daddy and I.  Nights are still the hardest.  The quiet, hand in hand with so many months of nighttime care leaves us awake and restless.  Sometimes the tears come, but others we just wrestle our pillows all night long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment