~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My favorite tree is a beautiful pink Magnolia…


Years ago I saw a beautiful tree with large pink blossoms in the yard of a farm we dreamed of buying. I often called it a tulip tree as the blooms look like large tulips sitting on a branch. As the Lord allowed that farm to sell to someone else, I went on the search for a tulip tree. I was so disappointed when I found a tree with large orange blooms…not my ‘tulip’ tree!! I eventually learned I was looking for a Magnolia tree.
One spring day the Lord added a new ‘flower’ to our family bouquet. Miss M was such a sweet addition. Miss M's hair is blond, staying light longer than any of our other children have. She has a sweet spirit and can’t stand conflict. You will often hear her reassuring me, ‘I love you mom’ anytime she thinks someone is upset. Miss M loves her siblings dearly and plays well with each of them. She generally has a sunny disposition and I often call her my sunshine girl.
I pray that Miss M will continue to have a sweet tender spirit before the Lord. I pray that as she grows she keeps the love for her family in her heart. I pray that she will come to know Jesus at an early age.

No comments:

Post a Comment