~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Friday, May 8, 2009

My Dear Husband and Best Friend…


David is such a blessing in my life. He’s smart, dependable, steady, and most of all he loves the Lord his God with all his heart. He’s a great father and provider. In all our years of marriage, I've never had to worry if he’d have a job or if he’d take care of us. He’s always found a way to provide for our needs with the Lord’s guidance.
He loves to hunt wildlife, providing most all our family’s meat for the year. He’s very mechanically smart, always being willing to try to fix anything. He enjoys watching movies with the guys…you know the action packed kind(!) I often think he loves work just as much. He can’t stand to just lie around. That’s why we moved to the farm I guess, there is ALWAYS a job needing to be done.


He’s motivated to set a goal and achieve it. Just watching him building on to our home is testimony to that. He did a beautiful job on the house trying to fulfill my every need in this addition. Even being patient when I would change the plan…or my mind…or the new plan.
He has a heart to train his children in the ‘nurture and admonition of the Lord’. The boys are frequently found in the floor wrestling with Daddy. The girls are all treated like daddy’s little princesses!
Even now as he’s begun the role of Grandpa or Poppy as I like to call him, he has a heart to share the gospel with our grand daughter. When she comes to visit you will find him walking and rocking her to sleep.
He trains our children to be hard workers and encourages them to enjoy their work. You’ll often find him helping out with the children’s homeschooling, especially the math!
My prayer for my beloved is that he will daily have time to reflect on what the Lord has blessed us with. That he will find joy in each project we undertake. That we may grow old together watching our dreams become realities.

In case you couldn't tell. I think my beloved is a pretty special guy. I hope you enjoyed learning more about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment