~Our Faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ~

Why I'm blogging...

Welcome to our lives, our farm, and our family. Here is were we give you a view into our daily walk. I pray that it might encourage you while giving you a real life glance deeper into our lives. May we honor the Lord in all we do and say. My greatest hope is that anything you admire within our family points you right back to the Lord Jesus Christ and our love for HIM.

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Fort Rock Marriage Retreat 2020

 We are HOME! That’s really the best place to be… the second-best place is a day of relaxation with my sweetheart. This weekend was a much needed and very much enjoyed time together. We were blessed have two couples, both our good friends for over 20 years meet us at the camp to enjoy the weekend together.

We arrived after dark on Thursday. The road twists and turns so much heading up there that I am not sure if it is better for my nerves to see the deep valleys off the edge of the highway or just the deep black abyss. There are a few turns where the posted speed is 10 miles an hour! That is a hairpin turn!
We checked in just in time to grab a snack and get to the first session. Pastor SM Davis preached about how seeds of disappointment become a root of bitterness in a marriage if not dealt with promptly. He spoke a total of 4 times this weekend, each one dealing with a different marriage topic. Most will hit you squarely between the eyes as a reminder that we never ‘arrive’. As Christians we are always seeking and striving to love others. We are trying to do better, not to gain salvation, but to bring honor to the Lord.
We woke up Saturday morning to a chilly, yet beautiful view of the Arkansas Ozark mountains. The camp is a recreated 1800s fort and old west town. We spent the day enjoying good food, great fellowship, and lots of activities. The couples shot 22 rifles at the range, scoring points toward earning a Ribcrib gift card. David and I shot 27 points with the highest being in the bullseye, the lower scored in the outer rings. All our shots hit the target, but we didn’t get enough to win. I think the winners had accumulated 36-points.
We then shot archery, went fishing, and a few brave souls road the zip line and ‘lost mineshaft’ slide. With my back issues, I do not qualify as a brave soul. I’m kind of grateful as I’m also scared of heights! Just relaxing together with friends was such a great day. It’s hard to have a day where all 6 of us are free at once.
That evening after a tasty dinner of brisket, veggies, homemade rolls, and turtle cheesecake, we listened to the camp owner’s son Austin and his wife Joy Anna give their testimony of how God worked out their courtship. It is encouraging to hear young married people who chose to follow the leading of the LORD and are now married with children. I encourage you to look the camp up. We have now been 4 times, 3 were the marriage retreats and 1 family camp.
The best part of my weekend was time to just sit and talk with my hubby. His company is a treasure to me. Riding in the car 4 hours each direction together, plus just being able to walk and hold hands refreshes my soul. He is my best friend and such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment